Float trip planning
Cool photos of the best trips around: http://www.oregonrafting.com/index.cfm/pid/18/ouzel/rafting/photos
Gold panning techniques on the Rogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJ98GSiSrI
Gold panning general instruction: http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/gopainlehowt.html
Wild and Scenic Section: Grave Creek to Foster Bar. 3 night/4 day float.
BLM Management page (float guide, contact info, etc): http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/index.php
Float Space Openings page: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/rogue_river.php
River flow at Agness: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/or/nwis/uv/?site_no=14372300&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060
- Determine approximate dates and check Float Space Openings page for available permits. Acquire via phone 9 days before float day.
- Drive down night before and camp at Alameda Park ($17 per site).
- Visit Smullin Ranger Station at Rand and obtain permits ($10 per person). Show toilet system as required (5g bucket with lid - with seal).
- Arrange for shuttle with shuttle provider.
- Return to Alameda Park and launch boat.
- At Foster Bar, retrieve vehicle, pack boat, return to Galice via Bear Camp Road.
Portland to Galice: 250 Miles, 4.5 hours
Shuttle Route Conditions and Maps: http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/rogue/shuttle-routes.php
Affordable Shuttles: http://www.affordableshuttles.net/
Whitewater Cowboys: http://www.orangetorpedo.com/white_water_cowboys/ (offers gated car storage)
Rogue Wilderness: http://wildrogue.com/raft-gear-rental.htm#shuttles (gated car storage; $110)
Galice Resort: http://galice.com/shuttles.htm ($110)